July 26 marks the anniversary of President Lyndon Johnson’s tribute to Lady Bird Johnson for her environmental conservations efforts.
Join the Wildflower Center on Sunday, July 26 from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. in honor of Claudia Taylor “Lady Bird” Johnson and all she has done for our nation’s treasured environment. Admission will be free for visitors during extended hours this Sunday and visitors will receive free seed packets.
This sounds like a very fun day for the whole family. Here’s a sample of activities:
- Docent-guided tour of gardens
- Make Eco-pots to take home and plant
- Origami crafting in the McDermott Learning Center with artist Joan Son
- Book signing with authors of “Lone Star Wildflowers” and “Hummingbirds of Texas”
- Kathi Appelt reads her children’s novel, “Miss Lady Bird’s Wildflowers.”
- All Day Lady Bird achievement and art exhibit including a seldom-displayed Norman Rockwell portrait
- Lady Bird videos in the auditorium
- Premier of 2009 Franz Sculptured Porcelain Collection of Blooming Bluebonnets in the store.