This is the Technology Vision Statement developed during a series of technology development meetings in the summer of 2005. Those meetings resulted in the current Texas Forums website based on Mambo Content Management System.
Texas Forums Technology Statement
- Our vision is an increased and expanded use of technology that will allow us to broaden the reach of Texas Forums throughout the state.
- Technology should improve our ability to deliver and organize our services, encourage increased collaboration among communities and policymakers, and enable us to be a better catalyst for civic engagement by providing individuals with better access to information and each other.
- Virtual communities will supplement the growth of deliberative networks through access to materials and research.
- The proper use of technology within the organization will allow us to become more efficient and effective in our day-to-day tasks leading to better service for more people at lower cost.
- The electronic presence of Texas Forums online will become a locus for information and interconnectivity among community residents and resources, and give momentum to our work as we strive towards a more vibrant and deliberative democracy.
How does this statement need to change given the new technologies available?